Give your salmon a kick of flavor with this recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 box quinoa
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 tbsp. refrigerated prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice plus 1/2 lemon sliced for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon or 1 tsp. fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 lb. fresh salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- In 2-quart saucepan, prepare quinoa as label directs with 1 teaspoon olive oil; toss with almonds.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir horseradish, mustard, lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side up; cook 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Turn salmon and cook 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F; spread some horseradish-mustard sauce over salmon pieces during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Slide spatula between skin and salmon to remove skin. Serve salmon over quinoa drizzled with remaining horseradish-mustard sauce; garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
662 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.