This recipe is hoppin’ good.
- 4 slices Schnucks hardwood smoked bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Swanson® less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup water
- Schnucks hot pepper sauce, optional
- In saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add peppers and onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add black-eyed peas, broth, rice and water; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove saucepan from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve Hoppin’ John with hot sauce, if desired.
270 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.