Add a sweet and savory twist to your turkey this year.
- 1 (12-16 lb.) fresh or thawed turkey, giblet bag removed
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 cup Schnucks honey
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 stick Schnucks butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place turkey in a foil-lined roasting pan; pat dry then rub inside and out with olive oil, salt and pepper. Loosely stuff cavity with parsley and sage bunches, onion and orange. Roast for one hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine honey, white wine, butter and chopped herbs. Bring mixture to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes until liquid reduces and starts to slightly thicken.
- After 1 hour of roasting, begin basting turkey with glaze every 20 minutes. Continue roasting until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 additional hours. Tent with foil if bird begins to brown too quickly.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil. Allow to rest 20-40 minutes before carving. Serve immediately.
407 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 17G