There’s definitely comfort in this dish. Crispy, honey-garlic chicken thighs on a bed of creamy polenta is both easy to make and satisfying to eat.
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Schnucks milk
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1/2 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- sliced green onion (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, combine honey, garlic and lemon juice.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat chicken in oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add chicken to skillet, skin side down, and cook until crispy and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cover with honey mixture. Bake until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Gradually whisk in cornmeal, reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in milk, butter and spinach and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide chicken and polenta among 4 bowls. Top with green onion, if desired.
690 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 15G