Nothing says comfort food like good ol’ meat and potatoes!
- 1 (2 1/2 - 3 lbs.) Certified Angus Beef Bottom Round Roast, fat trimmed from meat, cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme (or 3/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 4 cups Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, warmed (see recipe notes)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides. Drain fat. Combine 2 cups water, soy sauce, garlic, mustard and basil; pour over roast and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add thyme; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add carrots and onions to pot. Cover and simmer 1 hour more or until beef and vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Coarsely shred beef using two forks; toss with cooking liquid and vegetables. Serve over Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes, pat dry and prick all over with a fork. Bake 50–60 minutes or until very tender. Let cool and cut each potato lengthwise. Scoop out white portion and discard skins. Add potatoes to a large bowl and mash until smooth. Stir in milk, butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup Schnucks milk
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks butter
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese
454 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.