This recipe is pizza-perfect.
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks sugar
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (about 100°F)
- 2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Schnucks pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced vegetables of choice
- 6 oz. package pepperoni
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit with the oven rack at its lowest position.
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a different bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and salt. Add yeast mixture to flour bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until fairly smooth. Stir in another 1/2 cup flour. If dough is too sticky, add more flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half and form each piece into a smooth ball. Wrap one ball in plastic wrap for future use. (Refrigerate dough for two days or freeze for up to three months.)
- Flatten remaining dough ball into a circle and roll into a 12" pizza crust about 1/8" thick. Transfer crust to an oiled baking pan. Spread a thin layer of sauce on top and bake until crust begins to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and top crust with sliced vegetables, pepperoni and cheese. Return pizza to oven and continue baking for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden.
395 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.