Let’s get avo-control with this homemade guacamole recipe.
- 1 large lemon
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. jalapeño pepper, minced
- Schnucks hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- tortilla chips
- 1 red onion, chopped, for garnish
- From lemon, squeeze 3 tablespoons juice into medium serving bowl. Cut each avocado lengthwise in half around seed. Twist halves in opposite directions to separate. Slip spoon under seed to remove and discard. With spoon, scoop out avocado flesh and transfer to bowl with lemon juice; add salt. With fork, mash until mixture is almost smooth.
- Stir in garlic, cilantro, jalapeño and hot sauce to taste. Fold in tomato. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle guacamole with red onion, if desired. Serve guacamole with tortilla chips.
169 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.