Not only is kale nutritious, but it’s perfect for make-ahead salads.
- 1 bunch kale with stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh carrots, grated
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Schnucks honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) pomegranate arils or 1 cup seeds from fresh pomegranate
- In a large bowl, combine kale, onion, carrot and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, oil, mustard, honey and salt. Pour over salad and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- To serve: Stir in pomegranate arils and serve immediately.
118 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.