A warming blend of red wine, apple cider and mulling spices make this the ultimate cold-weather cocktail.
Send this recipe as a care package by using the assembly list below. For more information on how to ship a care package to ensure they arrive as intended, see our A Taste of Home blog post for instructions.
- 1 (10 oz.) bottle apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup Schnucks honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 star anise
- juice and zest of one orange
- 1 (750 ML) bottle dry red wine
- 1 (3.4 oz) bottle cognac
- In a large saucepan combine cider, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, star anise, orange juice and zest. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook two minutes.
- Add red wine and cognac, reduce heat to low and simmer until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove solids. Serve warm.
Craft a Care Package
- 1 (750 ml) bottle local dry red wine such as Stone Hill Hermannsberger
- 1 (10 oz.) bottle apple cider
- 1 (3.4 oz.) bottle cognac
- 1 orange
- Jar with 1/4 cup honey
- Jar with spices: 2 cinnamon sticks, 5 cloves, 3 cardamom pods, 2 star anise
- Recipe card (print this recipe)
230 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.