This is a stew-riffic recipe.
- 2 tsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Schnucks fresh Italian sausage
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Schnucks vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Add oil and sausage to a large stockpot; cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer cooked meat to a bowl.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to pot and cook until onions are soft and transparent. Add curry powder, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, potatoes, chickpeas and vegetable broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the stew and gently smash the potatoes to help thicken the broth. Add spinach and browned sausage to the stew; season with salt and pepper before serving.
420 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G