Say “aloha” to these delicious Hawaiian sliders.
- 1 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks onion powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 whole (unsliced) Pride of the Farm pork butt, trimmed
- 2 (20 oz.) cans Schnucks pineapple tidbits in unsweetened juice, divided
- 18 oz. honey-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cayenne pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4" slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup matchstick shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks whole celery seed
- 3 pkgs. Schnucks Hawaiian sweet rolls
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Rub brown sugar mixture all over pork. Cover or wrap pork. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir 1 1/2 cans pineapple with its juice, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, cayenne pepper and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Makes about 5 cups.
- In bottom of 6-8 quart slow cooker, place pork fat side up. Pour 1/2 of the barbecue sauce mixture over pork; cover and refrigerate remaining barbecue sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high 6-7 hours or on low 9 1/2 - 10 1/2 hours. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss bell pepper, onion, carrots, celery seed and remaining pineapple with its juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 4 cups.
- Transfer pork to large bowl. Trim off and discard desired amount of fat. Remove bone. With 2 forks, shred pork. Remove and discard all but 2 cups cooking liquid from slow cooker. Add remaining barbecue sauce mixture and shredded pork to slow cooker; stir to combine. Makes about 12 cups. Serve pork mixture on buns topped with bell pepper mixture.
333 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G