No argument here: pineapple and ham definitely belong in this delicious mac and cheese dish.
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks butter
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 4 cups Schnucks milk, warmed
- 4 oz. Schnucks cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. macaroni, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and cream cheese; continue to cook, whisking frequently, until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; continue cooking until cheese is melted.