Squash hunger with this harvest chicken squash salad.
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 fresh chicken breasts
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped and rinsed
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup feta or blue cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper; add to a resealable plastic bag with chicken and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°F. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss squash with 1 teaspoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast squash until softened, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add to a skillet over medium heat, discarding leftover marinade. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 6-8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar; cover and shake until combined.
- Divide lettuce among four serving bowls and evenly top with chicken, squash, nuts, cheese and dressing. Serve immediately.
560 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G