Light and fluffy eggs, fresh tomato and Swiss cheese come together to make the perfect quiche to serve at brunch.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 precooked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Stir in onions, ham, cheese and herbs.
- Pour filling into pie crust, carefully add tomatoes and set on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until set and slightly golden. If crust begins to brown too quickly, cover edges with foil. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
421 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G