Try this take on bruschetta with grilled tuna, capers and red onion.
- 2 (8 oz.) tuna steaks
- 3/4 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp. Full Circle Organic extra olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. Schnucks pure honey
- 3/8 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz.) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- Place tuna steaks and 1/2 cup olive oil in large zip-top plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. (This helps keep the fish moist.)
- Whisk together fresh lemon juice, Schnucks Dijon mustard, Schnucks pure honey and 1/8 teaspoon salt; whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- Toss drained capers and finely chopped red onion together. Set aside.
- Remove tuna from marinade; discard marinade.
- Brush both sides of tuna with lemon juice mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper.
- Grill tuna, covered, on high 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Flake tuna with fork; toss with caper mixture. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of French baguette with 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1 1/2 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
- Top each crostini with about 2 heaping tablespoons tuna mixture; evenly sprinkle with chopped chives.