This summer, we’re grilling everything — even salad! Up your salad game this season with this Grilled Romaine Salad recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 8 oz. chicken breast, grilled, sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 1 cup corn, grilled and removed from the cob (or 1 cup prepared frozen corn)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, make corn salsa by mixing corn, tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spray cut-side of romaine lettuce with cooking spray. Place cut side down on grill and cook over medium-high heat just long enough to see grill marks (about one minute.)
- Top lettuce with corn salsa and chicken. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
The Spice is Right
For an extra kick, try spicing up your chicken with a smoky southwest of mesquite seasoning.
Eat Good, Feel Great
Ready to amp up your salad's flavor? Try it with Avocado Ranch dressing or Green Goddess dressing!
355 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.