Don’t you bruschettabout this recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 6 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 (10.5 oz.) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Slice eggplant, tomatoes and onion into 1 inch thick slices.
- Brush both sides with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Grill vegetables, covered, on medium-high 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss with red wine vinegar, chopped kalamata olives, 1 tablespoon olive oil and anchovy paste.
- Brush both sides of French baguette with 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1 1/2 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
- Top each crostini with about 2 heaping tablespoons eggplant mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and toasted pine nuts.
Crostini can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Cool completely, then place in a large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Store crostini at room temperature.