Juicy, sweet pineapple grilled to perfection
- 1 large pineapple
- 1/4 cup original sweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Schnucks ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Schnucks granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks pure honey
- wonton crisps, to serve
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Cut crown and stem end off pineapple; stand pineapple upright and slice off rind and eyes. Cut pineapple crosswise into eight 3/4 thick rounds; with paring knife, cut around core in each round to remove. In shallow dish, place pineapple in single layer.
- In medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and ginger; pour coconut milk mixture over pineapple. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning pineapple occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place wontons in single layer on rimmed baking pan; brush both sides with butter. Place pan on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Turn wrappers; evenly sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or just until wontons are golden brown; drizzle with honey.
- Place pineapple on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once halfway through cooking and occasionally brushing with coconut milk mixture.
- Serve pineapple drizzled with remaining coconut milk mixture along with wonton crisps.
176 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.