Spicy apple slaw adds a refreshing twist to a classic beef brisket. You will want to go back for seconds!
- 1 1/2 lbs. Certified Angus Beef flat-cut beef brisket, fat trimmed to 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Texas Style Rub
- 1/4 cup unsalted beef broth
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 small apples of choice, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. crushed corn nuts
- On a sheet pan, coat all sides of brisket with dry rub. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12–24 hours.
- Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat. Cut two sheets of heavy-duty foil to at least twice the length of brisket; stack. Remove brisket from sheet pan and place in center of foil, fat-side up. Make a pouch by folding edges of foil up and around brisket; tent above beef and crimp edges together tightly, leaving an opening at top to add broth.
- Pour broth through top opening and crimp to seal; place on grill. Cover grill and cook 10 minutes; reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper sauce and crushed red pepper; add apples, green onions, cilantro and corn nuts; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove brisket from grill and increase heat to high. Using tongs and a large spatula, carefully remove brisket from foil and return to grill, fat-side down; cook 5 minutes. Transfer brisket to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve topped with apple slaw.
397 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.