Asparagus, red peppers and prosciutto make this bruschetta out of this world.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz shaved prosciutto
- Toss asparagus olive oil. Grill asparagus, covered, on medium-high 8 minutes or just until tender, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Chop asparagus into 1" pieces; toss with roasted red peppers, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Top each crostini with about 2 tbsp asparagus mixture. Evenly top with shaved Parmesan cheese and shaved prosciutto.
- 1 (10.5 oz) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into ¾" thick slices
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Brush both sides of French baguette with 2½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1½ minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
Crostini can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Cool completely, then place in a large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Store crostini at room temperature.