Asparagus, red peppers and prosciutto make this bruschetta out of this world.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 4 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 (10.5 oz.) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. shaved prosciutto
- Toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill asparagus, covered, on medium-high 8 minutes or just until tender, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Chop asparagus into 1 inch pieces; toss with roasted red peppers, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt and cracked black pepper. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of French baguette with remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1 1/2 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
- Top each crostini with about 2 tablespoon asparagus mixture. Evenly top with shaved Parmesan cheese and shaved prosciutto.
Crostini can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Cool completely, then place in a large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Store crostini at room temperature.