Try this green bean and kale mashup for a refreshing spring twist on green bean casserole.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped, or 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cups loosely packed chopped kale
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups Schnucks shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium. Add shallots; sauté 5–7 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate; season with salt, if desired.
- Return skillet with oil to stove over medium-high heat; add green beans and cook, undisturbed, about 4 minutes or until charred on one side. Stir; cook 3–4 more minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in butter, garlic and anchovies. Add kale and toss to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, 2–3 minutes or until greens are wilted and butter has melted. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and prepared shallots.
354 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.