These granola bites are perfect for breakfast at-home or on-the-go.
- 1 (7 oz.) pkg. dried fruit bit pieces
- 1 3/4 cup quick oats, divided
- 2 tbsp. sunflower kernels, roasted and salted
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, almond butter or soynut butter
- 1/4 cup Schnucks pure honey
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks pure vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- Line 9" square baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper so it extends 1" over each end of pan. In 8" skillet, toast almonds over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.
- In large bowl, combine dried fruit, 1 1/2 cups oats, sunflower kernels, coconut and cinnamon. Add peanut butter, honey and extract; with fork, mix until well combined and mixture begins to stick together. Using moist hands, press oat mixture firmly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place almonds and remaining 1/4 cup oats in small zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag pressing out excess air. With rolling pin, crush to fine crumbs; transfer to shallow bowl.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pull paper with oat mixture out of pan and transfer to cutting board; peel off paper. Slice into 6 even strips, then cut each strip into 6 pieces. With moist hands, roll each piece into a ball; roll each ball into almond-oat crumbs to lightly coat and place on prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or up to overnight to allow oats to absorb moisture. Makes about 36 bites.
266 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G