We put your favorite drink in a tart!
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 3 lemons, divided
- 3 limes, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. juniper berries or rosemary
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 (9 in.) shortbread piecrust
- 1 1/2 cups tonic water
- 1/4 cup gin
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over 4 teaspoons cold water; set aside. Zest and juice two lemons and two limes.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together eggs, 1 cup sugar, juniper berries and juice and zest from two lemons and two limes until combined. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 6–8 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Strain into a large bowl, discarding solids. Stir in butter until it melts then stir in gelatin. Pour curd into piecrust. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Use a sharp knife or mandolin to cut remaining citrus into thin slices; discard seeds and ends of rinds.
- In a high-sided skillet bring tonic water and remaining sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add citrus slices. Simmer (do not boil) 1 hour or until rinds are translucent. Transfer citrus to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Stir gin into remaining syrup in skillet; cool completely.
- Once tart has set, top with candied citrus and drizzle with gin and tonic syrup. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
294 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G