Fragrant garlic and rosemary make a tantalizing strip loin roast that’s elegant and flavorful. Make this recipe to impress your guests when entertaining.
- 1 (4 lb.) Certified Angus Beef® split strip loin roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, split in half lengthwise
- 4 - 5 fresh rosemary sprigs, cut about 1 inch in length, to yield 20 pieces
- Mix minced garlic, dried rosemary and 1 teaspoon salt in small mixing bowl. Cut approximately 20 slits evenly spaced around roast, about 1 inch deep using a paring knife. Rub mixture evenly all over roast and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Remove roast from refrigerator and wipe clean with a paper towel. Rub roast with olive oil and season all sides with pepper and remaining salt. Place fat side up, in roasting pan fitted with rack.
- Place roast in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325ºF. Insert halved garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs evenly into pre-made slits. Place roast back in oven and continue cooking about 1 hour and 15 minutes for medium doneness (135-140°F).
- Remove roast from oven, place on cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing roast across the grain.
380 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.