Topped with garlic butter, cheesy panko and a crispy pancetta/shallot mixture, these oysters are so deliciously decadent that even the seafood haters will be asking for seconds (and thirds).
- 24 oysters in shells
- coarse salt (if desired)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided, plus more to serve
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. chopped pancetta
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Shuck oysters. Run knife along inside of bottom shell to loosen meat, retaining as much juice as possible. Discard top shells. Place on a rimmed sheet pan (if necessary to keep oyster shells steady, fill pan with a shallow layer of coarse salt first). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss together panko, cheese, half of parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, half of garlic, lemon zest and cayenne. In a separate bowl combine butter, remaining parsley and remaining garlic. Season both mixtures with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat broiler. Top each oyster with about 1 teaspoon butter mixture then a pinch of panko mixture. Broil until panko is golden brown, 4–5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté pancetta and shallot until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove oysters from oven and top with pancetta mixture. Garnish with more chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
We Have More Than Meets The Eye!
Talk to one of our Seafood teammates about special ordering unshucked oysters.
162 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G