Short on time? These cookies are easy-to-make and even easier to enjoy.
- 3 cups Schnucks flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Schnucks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Schnucks egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- fruit jam or preserves of your choice, for filling
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, for chocolate cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder, if desired. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. With mixer still running, add egg and vanilla, then gradually blend in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentations by pressing thumb into venter of each dough ball. Add to oven and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using the back of a round measuring teaspoon, immediately re-form indentations in each cookie.
- Fill indentations of cookies with jam or preserves of choice.
- Bake for an additional three minutes. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a baking rack. Allow them to cool before serving.
Short on time? Skip the first two steps and swap in Schnucks Sugar Ready-to-Bake Cooke Dough!
191 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G