With so many ways to customize it, think of this recipe as inspiration for your taste buds.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1-2 tbsp. sriracha sauce, if desired
- 2 pkgs. soy sauce, mushroom or spicy miso flavored ramen noodles
- 2 cups fresh greens such as chopped bok choy, chopped kale or spinach
- Optional toppings: bean sprouts, shredded carrots, green onions, sesame seeds, soft-boiled egg, sliced chili peppers, cilantro, limes
- In a 3-quart saucepan or deep-fat fryer heat 2 inches of cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In another bowl lightly beat the eggs. Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off excess; dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp 1–2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove shrimp and drain on paper towels.
- Heat sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add the broth, sriracha and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and seasoning from packet, reduce heat and simmer 3–4 minutes or just until al dente. Stir in greens and cook 1–2 more minutes.
- Divide ramen and shrimp among four bowls, top as desired and serve immediately.
Skip steps 1–2; ask us to season your shrimp with Malibu seasoning and fry it in our classic yellow breading.
598 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.