Tired of eating the same old veggies? Try this mouthwatering Fried Okra recipe for a crispy side dish everyone will love!
- 1 lb. frozen okra, thawed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (15 oz.) Schnucks sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Schnucks black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- In a medium bowl, add thawed okra and cider vinegar. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- In a medium skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Working in batches, fry okra 3–5 minutes until golden and crispy. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Add fried okra, sweet peppers, celery, shallot, tomatoes, corn and black-eyed peas. Toss to combine and serve. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
461 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.