Avocado is riding high in popularity so why not fry some up and make a yummy appetizer that can be served alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 ripe avocados
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together flour and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. In a second small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Add panko to a third small bowl.
- Cut each avocado half lengthwise into 4 sections. Add avocado slices to bowl with flour mixture and turn to coat, shaking off excess. Dip each slice in egg mixture then roll in breadcrumbs
- Add breaded avocado slices to pan and cook until golden brown, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side.
370 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G