These tasty French toast roll-ups are the perfect start to the day! Prep your roll-ups ahead of time by placing roll-ups in resealable freezer bags before baking. When ready to eat, thaw and bake as instructed in step 5.
- 4 large Schnucks eggs
- 1/4 cup Schnucks milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 slices Schnucks white bread
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. While butter is melting, dip bread into egg mixture and allow to soak for about 20 seconds. Place finished bread on a large platter.
- Once butter is melted, add 2 slices of bread to pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place French toast onto a cooling rack. Repeat until all bread has been cooked. Allow toast to cool.
- Once cool, flatten French toast with a rolling pin and add filling of choice. Roll toast around filling.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup.
TRY THESE FILLINGS
- Scrambled egg and pre-cooked sausage links
- Pumpkin pie filling
- Blueberry and cream cheese
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Apple pie filling and walnuts
- Schnucks hazelnut spread and banana
- Cheddar, scrambled egg and crisp bacon
- Strawberry and cream cheese
117 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G