Show off your grilling prowess with this deliciously meaty meal.
- 1 flank steak
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Schnucks canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberry chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can pitted red tart cherries in water, drained
- 1/2 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In small bowl, combine pepper and garlic powder. Rub steak with pepper mixture. Place steak on hot grill rack and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise to 145°F upon standing
- Meanwhile, prepare Cherry-Berry Barbecue Sauce: In 3- to 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. In cup, stir chipotle sauce and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves. Add chipotle sauce mixture, cherries and brown sugar to saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Makes about 2 cups sauce.
- Slice steak across the grain. Serve with sauce and garnish with green onions, if desired.
551 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G