Marinading a flank steak before cooking both locks in the flavor and provides a tenderizing affect. Then after marinading, grill the flank steak to perfection using this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks canola oil
- 2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 and 1/4 lb. Certified Angus Beef® flank steak, trimmed
- 16 oz. Schnucks mini loaves
- 6 tbsp. Schnucks real mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup pickled carrots (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup daikon radish, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and chili garlic sauce. Place steak in large zip-tight plastic bag; pour vinegar mixture over steak. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare, turning once halfway through cooking. Let steak stand 5 minutes before slicing. (Internal temperature of steak will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing.)
- To serve, cut each loaf of bread lengthwise in half but do not cut all the way through; spread cut sides of bread with mayonnaise. Thinly slice steak across the grain; fill bread with steak, jalapeños, cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots and daikon radish. Cut each sandwich crosswise in half to make 4 sandwiches.
Try grilling with Weber® Sauces and Seasonings.
FOR PICKLED CARROTS
Cut 4 medium carrots into matchsticks; place in small bowl. Heat 1/2 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup Schnucks granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, 2 garlic cloves and 1 bay leaf to boiling over high heat; pour over carrots. Cover and refrigerate up to 6 days
1673 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G