Replacing traditional puff pasty with phyllo dough help to reduce the fat content of a winter family favorite, chicken pot pie. Plus, the use of frozen vegetables, Schnucks rotisserie chicken and preparing in a casserole dish greatly reduces the cook time while still creating a creamy, flaky and irresistible chicken pot pie.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz. shredded Schnucks rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil, onion, green onion, mushrooms, carrots and celery. Cook 6 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour to coat the vegetables. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2–4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the green beans, peas, corn, chicken, thyme and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour mixture into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cut phyllo sheets into six pieces. Place one layer of phyllo onto the mixture letting the edges fold while placing them. Coat with cooking spray while working; continue placing until all sheets have been used.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until the top is golden. Cool before serving.
309 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.