This Christmas Figgy Pudding recipe is the perfect holiday dessert for anyone who is looking for some sweet festive flavor!
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped dried figs
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 box (15.2 oz.) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & grated
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- serve dusted with powdered sugar, if desired
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix dried fruit and zest with brandy. If needed, add water to cover fruit. Cover bowl with plate; microwave on high 2 1/2 minutes. Set aside to steam until room temperature.
- In medium bowl, stir cake and spice mix together. Add fruit/brandy mix, egg, apple and almonds. Stir until thick and sticky.
- Butter a 2 1/2 quart oven-safe bowl and line bottom with parchment paper. Add batter and smooth the top. Place a lightly buttered piece of parchment paper cut to fit top of bowl with butter touching batter. Cover tightly with two layers of foil, securing with kitchen twine.
- In a large pot full of simmering water, fold a kitchen towel and place at bottom of pot before carefully placing bowl in water. Water should come halfway up bowl’s sides.
- Cover pot and steam bowl over low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Check water level every half hour. Add water as needed to keep level halfway up side of bowl. Carefully remove bowl from pot and cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert bowl on serving plate. Set aside until pudding slides onto plate. Serve warm with powdered sugar, if desired.
445 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.