Create a South of the Border style dinner, while saving time by using a slow cooker.
- 1 (about 3 lbs.) Boneless rolled Boston pork roast
- 2 cans (10 oz.) mild or hot enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 package (16 oz.) of enchilada-size tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz.) Reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 package Schnucks finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- To taste Refrigerated prepared guacamole
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add roast; pour 1 can enchilada sauce over pork. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Transfer roast from cooking liquid to large bowl; remove any string. With 2 forks, shred pork. Stir in cumin, salt and cinnamon. Strain cooking liquid in slow cooker into pie plate or wide, shallow bowl. Skim off and discard fat. Stir 1/2 cup cooking liquid into pork.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 1/2 cup cooking liquid in 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish to coat. Dip 1 tortilla into cooking liquid in pie plate, turning to coat both sides. Place tortilla on work surface. Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture down center of tortilla; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons black beans, 1/4 cup onion and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, then place, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cooking liquid, pork, beans, onion and cheese, placing enchiladas very close together in dish.
- Pour remaining can enchilada sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover enchiladas with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. To serve, top enchiladas with guacamole, tomato and/or cilantro, if desired.
781 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 23G