This isn’t your grandma’s fruitcake.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup spiced rum to replace 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground cloves
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 (8 oz.) cans pineapple tidbits
- 8 oz. cranberries
- 1 (18 oz.) jar apricot preserves
- Prepare three 6" cake pans or two 9" pans with nonstick baking spray. In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to directions on package, substituting 1/2 cup rum for water. Stir in spices and molasses to finish batter.
- Divide batter among cake pans and smooth into an even layer. Bake according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, place pineapple, cranberries and preserves in a small pot over low heat and simmer until cranberries burst and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and allow to cool.
- On serving platter, layer sauce between cakes. Top with remaining sauce.
266 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G