Enjoy the flavors of summer year-round with simple fruit spreads to spruce up your favorite meals.
- 5 cups fruit, coarsely chopped (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. citrus juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- additional flavors (see recipe notes)
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless steel or nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15–20 minutes or until fruit is very soft, stirring frequently.
- Crush fruit with a potato masher or large fork until mostly smooth. Simmer 10–20 minutes more or until mixture is thick and jam-like (jam will thicken as it cools).
- Ladle jam into clean freezer-safe containers or jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal. Let stand at room temperature about 24 hours or until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
5 cups peeled peaches, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, 1 tsp. apple pie spice, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups strawberries (leaves removed), 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
5 cups blackberries, 2 tbsp. lime juice, 1/2 tsp. lime zest