These pretzels are everything.
- 1 Schnucks egg
- 4 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 4 tsp. dried minced onion
- 4 tsp. poppy seeds
- 4 tsp. white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 pkg. Schnucks refrigerated breadstick dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets or rimmed baking pans with parchment paper or nonstick foil. In small bowl, with fork, beat egg. In cup, combine garlic, onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, caraway seeds and salt.
- Working with 1 piece of breadstick dough at a time, on work surface, roll dough into a 20" long rope. Hold ends of rope between thumb and forefinger of each hand; loop dough away from you, and cross 1 end over the other with about 2" of each end overhanging. Twist overhanging ends together twice, then fold ends down towards you and press the ends of each rope onto the center side of outside loop to make 3-4" round pretzel. Transfer pretzel to prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough, placing 8 pretzels, about 1" apart, on each cookie sheet. Brush pretzels with some egg; sprinkle 1 teaspoon seed mixture over pretzels.
- Bake pretzels 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking
If desired, the recipe can be cut in half. To make breadsticks, unwind and twist dough as label directs; sprinkle with seed mixture and bake as directed in step 3. To freeze pretzels, prepare as directed through step 2. Cover pretzels with plastic wrap and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm. Transfer pretzels to freezer-safe zip-tight plastic bag; freeze up to 1 month. Bake frozen pretzels at 400°F 12-13 minutes or until golden brown.
120 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.