This chicken curry is easy-to-make and even easier to enjoy.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. yellow or red curry powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups Schnucks whole roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, keep warm.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion starts to become translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms to skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes until mushrooms start to release their liquid and garlic becomes fragrant. Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in yogurt, cream, peas, salt, pepper and chicken. Simmer 2-3 minutes until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Divide warm rice among bowls, spoon chicken curry over top and sprinkle with cilantro.