This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is bursting with flavor! Its golden brown exterior and soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture are a feast for both the eyes and the palate.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted buter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat 12-inch oven-proof skillet or 9x13-inch casserole dish in a 425 degree oven on the middle rack.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly with a whisk, 2–3 minutes, until foamy. Add flour and whisk until smooth, 2–3 minutes.
- Add milk, then whisk until smooth batter forms, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stirring until just mixed in. Rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and sauté ham slices until slightly golden, 3–5 minutes. Add halved cherry tomatoes and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside covered to keep warm.
- Using potholders, carefully remove pan from oven. Melt butter inside and coat bottom and sides of pan evenly. Pour batter into buttered pan and return to oven on middle rack. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is beginning to brown.
- Transfer Dutch baby pancake to cooling rack and top with grated cheese, ham and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives and serve warm.
325 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.