Try our signature pork steak with Doris Schnuck’s famous BBQ sauce.
Did you know a Schnuck created the pork steak? Learn how the pork steak was born!
- 2 tbsp. butter or shortening
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup Schnucks catsup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Put butter or shortening in a medium sized saucepan and place over moderately high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add catsup, water, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Simmer mixture, stirring often, 20 minutes.