An easy red wine marinade makes a deliciously bold eye of round roast that’s tender and juicy. A great budget-friendly meal for any occasion.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb.) Certified Angus Beef® eye of round roast
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. coarse Kosher salt, divided
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper, divided
- In a small mixing bowl combine Worcestershire, Dijon, vinegar, honey, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper to create a marinade. Place roast in zipper-locking plastic bag and pour marinade over beef. Close bag, removing excess air and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Remove roast from marinade and pat dry. Discard marinade and season with an additional 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325°F. Cook approximately 70 minutes until roast reaches medium rare (125-130°F).
- Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving thinly against the grain.
350 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.