Add some spice to your seafood with this crunchy cajun catfish recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 bag lightly salted or garlic pepper crispy onions
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 4 fresh catfish, swai or tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 oz. diced pimientos, drained
- 2 1/2 cups Schnucks frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On large sheet of waxed paper, spread onions. With bottom of measuring cup, coarsely crush onions. You should have about 1 1/4 cups. Stir in 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. In pie plate, stir together mayonnaise and hot sauce. Dip catfish fillets, 1 at a time, in mayonnaise mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place each filet over onions, turning to coat both sides and pressing lightly so they adhere.
- Place catfish on prepared pan. Bake 13-15 minutes or until catfish turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in 12" skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4-6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add pimientos, frozen corn and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; stir in basil. Makes about 2 1/3 cups succotash.
426 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.