Repurpose leftover mashed potatoes to create crispy croquettes and pair with a fresh and fruity salad.
- 1 1/2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cups cooked chorizo
- 2 Schnucks eggs, beaten and divided
- 1 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 2 tbsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 cups salad greens of choice
- 1 1/2 cups orange or grapefruit segments
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix mashed potatoes, chorizo and one beaten egg. Form mixture into 12 golf-ball-size croquettes and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine sour cream, chives and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add remaining egg, flour and panko to each of three separate bowls. Remove croquettes from refrigerator and coat each in flour, then dip in egg and roll in panko.
- Working in batches, add croquettes to hot oil and gently press down with a spatula. Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 6 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and fruit. To serve, top with prepared croquettes and dressing.
570 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G