Fish sticks are not just for kids! Try this adult version with swai or tilapia fillets.
- 1 small lemon
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. sweet relish
- 1 tbsp. rinsed and drained capers, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 lbs. swai or tilapia fillets, cut into 3 x 1-inch sticks
- 6 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- From lemon, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice. In pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, stir breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, and lemon peel.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, capers, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In separate pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, with whisk, beat eggs, milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Dip each fish stick into egg mixture, then press into breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat completely.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of fish and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until fish turns golden brown on the outside and internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer fish to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons oil and fish. Serve fish with tartar sauce.
550 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G