Stay warm and curl up with a bowl of hearty Creamy Salmon Chowder. You’ll only need one pan!
- 12 oz. wild caught all natural salmon fillets
- 4 slices (about 1/4 lb.) hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup red potato, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cup less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- On microwave-safe large plate, heat frozen salmon in microwave oven on high 1 minute; salmon will still be partially frozen. With sharp knife, remove and discard skin; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In 5- to 6-quart saucepot, cook bacon over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate. To bacon drippings, add onion and celery; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes. Add potato, broth, salt and pepper; heat to simmering over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Add corn and salmon; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout. Stir in half-and-half, green onion, dill and bacon. Makes about 6 cups.
373 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G