This healthy stuffed butternut squash recipe is filled with flavor to give you the perfect fall dish.
- 3 medium butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Schnucks dried green lentils
- 2 cups Culinaria portobello mushroom pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 1/2 tbsp. tahini, divided
- 2 tsp. Full Circle balsamic vinegar
- chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Place each squash half, cut side up, on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Rub each with 1/2 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper if desired. Roast 45-50 minutes or until flesh is fork tender. Set aside and cool.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until hot. Add onions, sauté 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning until caramelized golden brown. Add garlic, herbs and season with salt and pepper, if desired, stirring 2 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in red wine. Deglaze pan, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes. Add lentils, pasta sauce and paprika, stir to combine. Bring sauce to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of tahini and balsamic vinegar, stir until well incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh from each squash half, leaving 3/4-inch thick border around sides and bottoms. Transfer 1 cup of butternut squash to a food processor and add remaining tahini and oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Blend until smooth. Add 1-2 tbsp. water to sauce until desired consistency is reached. Set sauce aside.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees. Stuff lentil filling into each squash cavity. Bake for 15 minutes. Drizzle each half with butternut tahini sauce on top and garnish with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
381 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.