This delicious casserole is a lean meat and veggie machine! In addition to the protein from the chicken, it is also full of fiber from the veggies that will leave you feeling satisfied and full.
- 2 lb. Schnucks boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 5 slices Schnucks applewood thick sliced bacon, diced
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. unsalted melted butter
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 (12 oz.) bags Manns cauliflower rice, defrosted
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to broil on high. Grease a rimmed baking sheet pan with oil and arrange chicken evenly. Season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper if desired. Cook in oven for 12 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside for cooling. Slice into bite size pieces.
- Reduce oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sauté bacon until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the same pan, add mushrooms and onions. Cook over medium heat until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add flour, butter and garlic; cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, stirring constantly, dissolving all flour until mixture begins to bubble and thicken; about 2 more minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in Greek yogurt and parsley, season with salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat.
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish with oil. Add cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken, bacon and mushroom sauce to baking dish. Mix everything together carefully and place into oven to bake 20-25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
345 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.