This crackle pop recipe is grand-slam worthy.
- 1 bag (3.2 oz) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup Schnucks salted butter
- 1 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks baking soda
- 3/4 cup lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Prepare popcorn as label directs. Transfer popcorn to large bowl; remove any unpopped kernels.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. With wooden spoon, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes (if using, candy thermometer should read 240°F), stirring frequently; caramel should be golden brown. Remove saucepot from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Caramel sauce will foam up when baking soda is added.
- Pour hot sauce over popcorn; add peanuts. With wooden spoon, fold popcorn mixture until popcorn and peanuts are evenly coated with sauce. Transfer popcorn mixture to rimmed baking pan; bake 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Transfer Crackle Pop to airtight container and store at room temperature up to 1 week.
503 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.