Try out this recipe at your next shrimp boil!
- 3 bottles pale ale or lager beer
- 6 oz. crawfish, shrimp and crab boil in bag
- 3 lemons, quartered
- 10 qt. water
- 3/4 cup salt
- 2 lb. red potatoes
- 3 onions, quartered
- 2 1/2 lb. crab legs, thawed
- 1 1/2 lb. raw shell-on shrimp, thawed
- 2 pkg. smoked sausage, cut into 2" pieces
- 4 ears corn, silk and husks removed, each ear cut in half
- 1/2 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- In 18- to 20-quart saucepot or crab boil pot, combine beer, crab boil bags, lemons, water and salt; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Add potatoes and return heat to simmering; cook 10 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes. Add crab legs, shrimp, sausage and corn; heat to boiling. Cover saucepot and turn off heat. Let stand 10 minutes or until internal temperature of shrimp reaches 145°F.
- Drain crab leg and shrimp mixture well; return to saucepot. Sprinkle with butter cubes and vinegar; toss mixture until butter melts. Turn mixture out onto very large platter or covered surface to serve.
560 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.